The Town of Addison has adopted a ''multi-hazards'' Emergency Management Plan that provides guidance on handling various emergencies and, should it become necessary, on accessing additional help from other resources (municipalities, counties, the State of Texas and the Federal Government, and private businesses).
In the case of a large scale emergency, an Emergency Operating Center allows decision makers to work side-by-side at a specified location, thus maximizing communication and effective responses. An outdoor emergency warning siren system includes six siren locations: Trinity Christian Academy, Fire Station 1, Addison Circle Park Special Events Area, Village on the Parkway Shopping Center, Fire Station 2, and Greenhill School. Sirens are tested on the first Wednesday of every month at 1:00pm. Sirens will not be tested if there is threatening weather in the area.
For more information, click on the following links:
- Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Communications - Addison residents: sign up to be notified during emergencies in which there is threat to life or property
- Homeland Security
- Texas Prepares (for Preparedness Tips/Guides/Plans)
- Emergency Preparedness for North Central Texas
- Centers for Disease Control
- Flu information
The Town of Addison Fire Department is a NOAA Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador.